One night, before Charli was born, I awakened from a frightful dream where our baby was in danger and I couldn't help her. I had been wrestling that week with the stark reality that indeed there will be times in this life when I am unable to keep our precious girl from hurting or experiencing pain. That reality breaks my heart. It rips me up inside, and it pushes me into the truth that Charli belongs to God. always has. always will. But in those waking moments in the darkness of night, I lay wide awake wrestling with God. As I lay there, these words came. And with the words came a song. It's a lullaby. A lullaby to sing over my baby. But even moreso, it was Jesus singing over was me as he calmed my heart.
So here it is, Charli's Song-- birthed in the middle of the night as I sat huddled under the bathroom light, scribbling on a sticky note.
I can't protect you from every bad thing.
And it hurts because I know I can't ensure
that you don't feel the sting.
But in all of this world that you're coming into
My only hope is Jesus for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Waiting for the recording to be sent via email! i need to sing it over El too! LOVE, k
good idea...i'll work on it!
Post a Comment