O.k., o.k. I have an addendum to my New Year's Resolution Revolution. Just to clarify, I will continue to bake with some processed sugar. I'm just not willing to give up all my joys of baking sweets and fresh-baked goodies "the way mom makes" for the sake of a honey or agave nectar substitution. And honesty, I feel like I'd somehow be forsaking my mother's teaching. After all, she's the one who taught me how to bake and enjoy tasting it along the way.
Charli and I just made Caramel-Filled Brownies for Nathan's ARE presentation tomorrow. (Well, mostly, Charli just chewed on her apron, but it kept her busy.) These are by far my absolute favorite brownies. I remember I made them for Nathan once before we started "dating." I was sure they would win him over!
Seriously, one of the most delightful, simple pleasures of baking is licking the spatula when the batter is done. (Sorry, Charli, this is a task for mommy.) I mean, is there anything more delectable than chocolate and butter? My mother would say not. I would agree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok, now that all our mouths are watering, you MUST post the recipe for these amazing brownies!I know from experience that what comes out of your oven is worth savoring.
i just made these brownies on sunday! they are wonderful aren't they???
O.k. so this recipe is an a fairly newly published cookbook so I'll look in to how to share it.
Until then, the cookbook is "The Pastry Queen," by Rebecca Rather.
Sandie, do you know the protocol for posting published recipes on a blog?
Post a Comment